Stills and posters © Bluebird Photoplays Inc., Universal Film Manufacturing Company
Cast and Credits
|Production||Bluebird Photoplays Inc.|
|Universal Film Manufacturing Company|
|Distribution||Universal Film Manufacturing Company|
|Story||E. Magnus Ingleton|
|Director of Photography||Ralph Perry|
|Cast||Claire du Brey [Pincess Dione]|
|Wedgwood Nowell [Guido Campanelli]|
|Betty Schade [Katerina Vlasoff]|
|Nicholas Dunaew [Feodor Strogoff]|
|Dick La Reno [Prince Paul Ragusin]|
|William J. Dyer [Peter Vlasoff]|
|Yvette Mitchell [Anna Vlasoff]|
|J. Edwin Brown [Karl (as Jim Brown)]|
|John George [Court Jester]|
|Bill Rathbone [A cripple]|
|Howard Crampton [(uncertain or unconfirmed)]|
|Charles Cummings [(uncertain or unconfirmed)]|
|Gypsy Hart [(uncertain or unconfirmed)]|
Category: Feature Film
Technical Details: Format: 35 mm, 1:1,33 - Ratio: 1:1,33 - Black and White,, 5000 feet, 5 reels, 18 frames per second
Sound System: silent
First Screening: February 12, 1917 in USA
US Copyright: January 20, 1917 - ©LP.10039
Survival Status: Only Fragments of this picture exist [Archiv: BFI - National Film And Television Archive (London)]
Synopsis in German
Princess Dione, (Du Brey), is buried alive in a vault, but escapes and returns to "haunt" her would-be-murderer by driving him slowly off the edge of a sea-cliff.
Only the first reel from this film remains intact which depicts an underworld inhabited by dwarfs, cripples, drunkards and degenerates (www.missinglinkclassichorror.co.uk/qr.htm)
Ein neunminütiges Fragment des Films aus dem ersten Akt (561 ft = 9 Minuten bei 18 fps) ist erhalten beim National Film and Television Archive. Es ist dies neben "The Chalice of Sorrow" das früheste erhalten geblieben Dokument von Ingrams Regiearbeit.
The Reward of the Faithless is a motion picture produced in the year 1917 as a USA production. The Film was directed by Rex Ingram, with Claire du Brey, Wedgwood Nowell, Betty Schade, Nicholas Dunaew, Dick La Reno, in the leading parts. The movie had its first screening on February 12, 1917 in USA. There are no reviews of The Reward of the Faithless available.
Bibliography - Exhibitor's Herald, February 24, 1917, pg 26 [Review]
- Exhibitor's Trade Review, February 3, 1916, pg 633
- Manitoba Free Press, Winnipeg, May 1910, 1917 [Review]
- Motion Picture News, October 21, 1916, pg 2528
- Motography, February 10, 1917, pg 325
- Motography, August 25, 1917, pg 389.
- Moving Picture News, February 17, 1917, pg 1092
- Moving Picture World, August 11, 1917, pg 1042
- Ben H. Grimm, in The Moving Picture World, Vol. 31, Nr. 6 (February 10, 1917), page 686
- New York Dramatic Mirror, Februray 3, 1917, pg 28
- Waterloo Evening Courier and Reporter, Waterloo, Iowa, June 30, 1917 [note]
- Wid's Film Daily, Daily, February 1, 1917, pg 71
- Variety, February 2, 1917 [review]
- Liam O'Leary, Rex Ingram- Master of the Silent Cinema, The Academy Press, Dublin 1980, pg 46f
- Anthony Slide, Selected Film Criticism 1912-1920, Scarecrow Press, Metuchen 1982, pg 222
DisclaimerThe information above does not purport to be exhaustive, but give the level of information to our database at the time of last update. All figures are best knowledge and belief researched to, legal claims arising from incorrect or missing information are expressly rejected.
Due to the current law in some countries can be held responsible person who addresses refers to having a criminal content spread may or criminal content and pages further refer, unless he closes clear from such liability. Our links below are researched to the best of my knowledge and belief, but we can not accept in any way for the content of these web pages and links from us any liability. We provide this explanation by analogy from all countries and all languages of. Quotations, if not otherwise marked, in the usual right to quote with identification of the sources added.
The copyright lies with the authors of these quotes - The Reward of the Faithless (1917) - KinoTV Movie Database